Monday, August 30, 2010

Obul Reddy’s kin claim RGV did not verify facts

The family members of Obul Reddy complained that filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma didn’t bother to contact them or take their version before making the movie Raktha Charitra.

“We got to know through the media that the movie has scenes that are not acceptable to my clients. We contacted him several times but there was no response and hence we sent the legal notice,” said Mr N.R.K. Mohan, advocate of Obul Reddy’s family.

The legal notice was sent to Mr Varma by Mrs Uma Rani and Mrs Usha Rani, sisters of Obul Reddy.

The filmmaker also received death threats over phone on Sunday from unidentified people who claimed to be supporters of Obul Reddy’s family.

Informing that he will lodge a police complaint in Mumbai soon, RGV, in true filmi style, said, “There is no way one gets to know what I am going to portray in the movie. They are threatening to kill me without even watching the movie. For those who are threatening to kill me, I want to give a counter warning. Forget supporters of Obul Reddy’s family, even if Mr Reddy comes back as a ghost to haunt me, I will not be scared.”

The movie stars Vivek Oberoi as Paritala Ravi, Suriya as Madhelacheruvu Suri and Shatrughan Sinha as NTR in the lead roles and is slated to hit the screens in September.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics Clicky