Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sachin better than Don: Harbhajan

Eulogising milestone man Sachin Tendulkar for his historic ODI double hundred, India’s star off-spinner Harbhajan Singh reckons his illustrious teammate is better than Australian great Sir Don Bradman.
Harbhajan could not witness the record-breaking double century as he skipped the first two matches of the series due to his sister’s wedding. “I am short of words to praise Sachin. Some players compared him with Don Bradman. Although I have not seen Bradman playing but I am confident, he (Sachin) is better than him for which his records speak,” Harbhajan said.
He added that Tendulkar’s hunger for runs and amazing focus makes him an altogether different cricketer. “Even after scoring 150 in the ODI, Sachin never looked tired and kept his focus on the game. I have learnt a lot from him, be it on ground or in dressing room. I always observe how he prepares himself for every match,” he said.
Harbhajan was disappointed that he could not witness Tendulkar’s achievement in Gwalior due to prior family commitments. “I am unfortunate, as I was not there on the ground to witness one of the historic moments. But Sachin’s performance definitely added to my happiness during the family function. I was busy in the family function, when one of my relatives came with the news of Sachin’s double century and I could not stop myself from dancing,” ,” Harbhajan said.
He also said the Indian Premier League will help the team prepare well for the ICC Twenty20 World Cup in Caribbean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics Clicky