A second incident of a possible fatal attack on an Indian came to light today with a body found in southern Australia last week identified as that of an Indian, even as officials from both countries prepare to meet to defuse the tension following the murder of a migrant in Melbourne.
A partially-burnt body found last week in Australia's New South Wales province is believed to be of a 25-year old Indian national, police said today, in what might be the second fatality in a slew of vicious attacks on Indians.
The body found on a roadside near Griffith on December 29 is however yet to be formally identified and Australian officers are in touch with the man's family in India and the Indian Consulate to help with identification, the New South Wales Police Force said in a statement.
The incident was reported close on the heels of murder of Nitin Garg, a 21-year old Indian in Melbourne on Sunday -- the first Indian casualty in a series of attacks on the community in the country, that drew a sharp reaction from India.
External Affairs Minister SM Krishna "reminded" Australia of the economic fallout of such attacks as he asked the country to take strong action to punish the culprits.
Indian diplomats here are expected to meet Australian officials in a bid to defuse diplomatic tension between Canberra and New Delhi after the murder.
0 comments:
Post a Comment