Thursday, June 17, 2010

Auto driver’s son tops Eamcet

He lost his elder brother just months before the Eamcet exams. His father earns a couple of hundred rupees driving an auto and his mother works in neighbourhood houses. He is Mohammed Gouse Jani from Visakhapatnam, topper of this year’s Eamcet.

Jani scored a staggering 159 marks out of 160, the highest marks in the engineering stream, the results of which were announced on Wednesday.

The student surmounted unbelievable odds to reach his goal. “I am blessed by the almighty. At one point of time, I did not have the money to study and now people are earnestly willing to help me. I thank them for their kind support and I also thank Narayana Sir for giving me free education to complete my Intermed-iate,” said an overjoyed Jani who said he studied 10 hours a day for the exams.

The lack of basic amenities in life did not deter him from dreaming of becoming an engineer, if not for anything else, but to help out his parents, who, he says, made great sacrifices for him. His father, Mohd Ameer earns Rs 100 to Rs 200 daily by driving autos and his mother, Shehnaz, works in nearby houses. But “this has never held them back from facilitating my education,” says Jani, dedicating his success to his parents.

The family lost their elder son in January, just months ahead of the Inter exams and Eamcet. But on Wednesday there was no sorrow in the household.

“I got a call from the Corporate College zonal in-charge that my son had topped the state in Eamcet. I was dumbstruck for a few seconds and immediately broke the news to my wife Shehnaz and my parents. It soon spread like wildfire in our locality — Muslim Thatichetlapalem — and people started flooding into my house,” said an ecstatic Ameer.

Eamcet Top-5

Engineering stream

Md. Gouse Jani, Vizag (159)
B. Pallavi, Vijayawada (159)
A. Janardhan Reddy, Guntur (159)
S. Sai Nitish, Kakinada (158)
K. Kiran Babu, Krishna (157)

Medical stream
M. Rahul, Hyderabad (156)
R. Lalitha, Hyderabad (156)
N. Kiranmayee, Vijayawada (156)
A. Sri Lakshmi, Vijayawada(155)
V. Saikiran, Hyderabad (154)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics Clicky